Assist the Assistant Director of Athletics for Strategic Communications in the publicity and promotion efforts for 15 intercollegiate sports.
Sport oversight for volleyball, women’s basketball and gymnastics, while also directly supervising coverage efforts and providing additional assistance for women’s soccer, track & field/cross country and women’s tennis.
Provide game-day assistance with other sports including football, men’s basketball, baseball and softball.
Write press releases, produce information guides, game note packets and other press materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, advertising, sports administration, communications or related field.
- Experience in athletic media relations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Stat Crew/Beavercreek and Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated proficiency with web design software (e.g. SIDEARM Sports).
- Demonstrated proficiency with social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Instagram, Snapchat) to promote events and news accordingly.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and travel when necessary.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.