The Assistant Director, Sports Medicine, Football is an active member of the Boston College Sports Medicine group. The Sports Medicine group provides care, treatment and medical management of approximately 800 intercollegiate athletes including pre-participation physicals, post-practice clinics, and providing medical coverage at specified athletic events.
Primary responsibilities include:
- The practice of the art of athletic training within the realm of intercollegiate athletics at Boston College. This includes potential work with the 800 student athletes participating on 31 intercollegiate teams.
- Concurrent contact with the respective coaches, athletic administrators and other staff serving the 31 teams is expected.
- Evaluation, care and prevention of athletic injuries, on-site care of athletes at practices and competitions, both home and away, medical documentation, working with University Health Services, consulting physicians and other medical clinicians.
- Bachelor’s degree from a CAAHEP accredited athletic training program required; Master’s degree in an appropriate Allied Health discipline preferred.
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association BOC Certification.
- Massachusetts Allied Health Athletic Trainers Licensure.
- Candidates must have 2 years minimum of experience as a student athletic trainer (collegiate experience is preferred).
- This position is required to perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with all NCAA, ACC and institutional rules and regulations.
- Extensive technical knowledge in the field of Athletic Training Theoretical and practical applications of medical skills.