The Assistant Director of Sports Nutrition leads the nutrition department. Works with the director of nutrition to recruit and hire qualified dietitians, onboards new hires, mentors, leads and disciplines dietitians, interns and student workers when necessary. Assigns sports and administrative duties.
- Assists the director in leadership of a comprehensive nutrition program (e.g., meal planning, education, and counseling) based on client needs, representing all sports.
- Assists the director in development of short and long-term strategic department plans and manages budget and financial responsibilities. Manages assigned staff, student workers, and resource employees.
- Leads the development, implementation, and maintenance of effective nutrition, meal, and hydration plans and initiatives based on client needs. Monitors and evaluates client nutrition status, reports on relevant metrics as required, and consistently makes improvements to plans.
- Provide accountability reports of processes to quantify the effectiveness of the sports nutrition program and services provided and recommend innovative methods of advancement to the director.
- Develops and delivers nutrition education presentations, demonstrations, events, and resources to support educational efforts.
- Bachelor's degree Nutrition, dietetics, or related field.
- 5 years Experience working with nutritional needs of athletes; experience in a collegiate setting a plus.
- 3 years Experience in a leadership capacity.
- Attention to detail when performing assigned tasks.
- Excellent time and priority management, organizational, and record-keeping skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals within a diverse environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, presentation, and counseling skills.