The Assistant Director of Sports Nutrition will work effectively with Sports Performance and Sports Medicine to provide a comprehensive approach to Student Athlete's health and performance, with heavy emphasis on Football. This individual will provide nutrition counseling and medical nutrition therapy to individual student-athletes, teams, and coaches as well as oversee and coordinate student workforce to maintain 10-13 fueling stations in an organized and food safe manner which includes maintenance, stocking and distribution of nutritional supplements to individual student-athletes and teams. Additional duties will include but are not limited to:
- Staffing football practice and other team activities as needed/appropriate to monitor and oversee fueling and hydration.
- Interpreting, summarizing and sharing body composition and bone density data with student-athletes, coaches, sports medicine and sports performance staff.
- Serving as department resource for dietary supplements.
- Evaluating dietary supplements for safety, legality, efficacy and cost.
- Maintaining active media communications.
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition/Dietetics.
- 2 years of experience as a Registered Dietitian working in the following areas: clinical nutrition, one-on-one nutrition counseling, sports nutrition, eating disorders, public speaking, budget management & procurement, food service & menu development.
- Experience with dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry.
- Understanding of athletes and their training, via coaching experience, previous employment or candidate’s own sports participation.
- Excellent communication skills with both individuals and groups.
- Ability to motivate constituents, including students, athletes, sports medicine staff, and administrators.
- Ability to work independently.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employ.