Within the context of the overall DCAD Varsity Athletics Communications, independently develops and manages a varsity athletic communications strategy for each of a number of men’s and women’s sports for which assigned responsibility. Supervises office intern and work study students in carrying out program responsibilities. Allocates and organizes resources to support individual events. Serves as media liaison for assigned areas. Writes/edits sports information releases and materials.
- Bachelor's plus 3-5 years' experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to develop and manage sports information programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with athletes, coaches, sports media, alumni, staff of the College, and sports representatives from national and regional organizations and other universities and colleges.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
- Skill in the use of computer software such as Photoshop, In Design, and StatCrew.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.