The assistant coach will assist the head coach with providing a quality middle school activity, for all boys and girls, teaching basic sport fundamentals, while emphasizing sportsmanship and participation by all. The assistant coach is also expected to follow the philosophy set forth by the District Athletic Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the supervision of students at practices and contests;
- Help provide information for transportation, facilities, officials and game management;
- Help with emphasizing safety precautions and be aware of the best training and injury management procedures;
- Assist with conducting teams and self in an ethical manner during practices and contests, always exemplifying the highest standards of sportsmanship;
- Continue professional growth through clinics and professional publications;
- Coaches shall abide by rules set by the District Athletic Dept. for game and facility operations.
- Must have a Teachers Certificate or valid Substitute Certificate or Temporary (provisional) Teacher’s Certificate.
- Must have knowledge of the fundamentals, rules and skills of football.
- Must possess the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with schools, participants, parents and co-workers.