Assistant Football Coach
Texas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
College Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
Texas A&M Athletics department is committed to building champions through academic achievement, athletic excellence, and national recognition of student-athletes, teams, and programs. We are a proud member of the Southeastern Conference, with more than 650 Texas A&M student-athletes competing at the NCAA Division 1-A level in 20 varsity sports .
What we want
The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with the football program; provides instruction, demonstration, evaluation and teaching of sport to assure individual student athletes and team reaches maximum potential. Assist with administrative duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One year football coaching/teaching/playing experience
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Travel required
- Nights, weekends and holidays as required to complete assigned duties
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree
- Previous Division I college coaching experience
Salary : Commensurate
- Coaching - At the direction of the head coach, provide instruction, demonstration and teaching the sport s dynamics to student-athletes to ensure the maximum potential of individuals and the team as a whole. Assists in coaching team during scheduled events. Assists with the development and implementation of strategy to obtain maximum level of team and individual performance.
- Recruiting: Scouts and recruits prospective student-athletes from high schools, junior and community colleges. Makes recommendation to the head coach regarding potential of student-athlete. At the direction of the Head Coach, works with Scholastic Supervisors and Coordinator for Student-Athlete Services to determine each student s academic qualifications and suitability for admission, assists in making application.
- Administration: Performs administrative duties as assigned by Head Coach. These duties may include, but are not limited to: coordinating and arranging team travel, coordinating and arranging competitive schedule, organizing and scheduling practice sessions, updating and maintaining student-athlete recruiting databases, updating and maintaining files (both hard copy and video) of opponents, developing and distributing scouting reports on opponents, analyzing opponents film and scouting reports, assisting in the requisitioning and purchasing of uniforms and equipment, organizing on-campus visits by prospective student-athletes (both official and unofficial).
- Academics: At the direction of the Head Coach, works closely with Scholastic Supervisors to monitor the scholastic progress of each student-athlete. Assists in enforcement of mandatory study programs for freshman and upper classmen having academic difficulties; enforces Athletic Department requirements for class attendance, make-up course work, etc.
- Compliance: Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations. Establishes and ensures communication and enforcement of rules and regulations concerning student-athlete: conduct, appearance, road games, punctuality and other areas as deemed appropriate.
- Public Relations: Participates in media-related activities including newspaper, television, radio interviews and new conferences. Accepts speaking engagements and makes public appearances at schools, Aggie Clubs, banquets and civic organizations.
- Committees: Serve on committee or board for the NCAA, Conference, junior college and high school or other sport related organization.
- Counseling: Provides individual counseling to student-athletes as needed on personal problems, team performance, class schedules and the transition to college life. Counsels each student athlete to set individual goals for improvement of performance. Other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.