The Assistant Football Coach is responsible for supporting the Head Coach with all assigned duties and coaching, and providing direction to student-athletes so that they may achieve a high level of skill, as well as, an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork in football.
- Assist the Head FB Coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of football;
- Assist the Head Coach in game planning for opponents;
- Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities and teach fundamentals necessary for the FB position coached;
- Assess players’ skills, monitor players during competition and practice, and keep the Head Coach informed of the athletic performance of athletes;
- Assist the Head Coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition;
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of FB positions;
- Knowledge of HUDL and film breakdown;
- Possess effective coaching techniques and skills;
- Thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of FB;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents and students;
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.