The Assistant Football Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Football Coach in managing all aspects of sustaining a competitive NCAA Division III Football Program including, but not limited to: recruitment and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes. Successful preparation, planning, and implementation of strategy for the development of student athletes.
1. Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
2. Identify, recruit, and retain qualified student-athletes for the football program in accordance with all University admissions standards and qualifications.
3. Meet established annual recruiting goals.
4. Implement a comprehensive strategy and planning for both practices and games to ensure proper preparation of student-athletes, including use of film and other resources to enrich and enhance player performance.
5. Properly input offensive/defensive, and opponent data into Hudl for opponent film evaluation, and defensive self-scout.
1. Commitment to the mission statement, core values, and goals of Alvernia University.
2. Bachelor’s degree.
3. Successful football coaching experience at the high school level or above, preferably as a college head coach or recruiting coordinator.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff utilizing excellent communication and customer service skills.
5. Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
6. Ability to be a self-starter and perform in a fast paced high stress environment.