Assists head football coach in managing the football program, in order to provide a positive experience for student athletes while positively representing the Institute in terms of public relations and exposure by performing the duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach. Also assists all other sports in administering weight programs for each athletic team requesting assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists football and adheres to all policies and duties as assigned by the Head FB Coach.
- Recruits qualified student athletes.
- Explains and demonstrates principles, techniques, and methods of regulating movement of body, hands, or feet to achieve proficiency in activity.
- Observes students during practice to detect and correct mistakes.
- Explains and enforces safety rules and regulations.
- Keeps record of receipts and expenditures.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Preferably in a physical education or sports related field; master’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years coaching experience and/or player’s experience in high school or college required; demonstrated ability to recruit academically oriented student athletes.