The Assistant Coach will also help develop a productive recruitment plan for the football program, as well as stay in communication with the admissions office and football staff on any university recruitment policies. The position is to create a positive working relationship between the football coaches and admissions counselors. The Assistant Coach will commit to working at home athletic events in the winter and spring seasons and be a role model for the students who attend those events. This position is located in River Forest, IL and reports to the Head Football Coach and Director of Athletics.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Works with the defensive team, educating individual players to develop their skills.
- Helps coordinate defensive game plan with Head Coach.
- Fills Recruitment Coordinator role for the sport and recruits qualified Student Athletes.
- Works under the direction of Head Football Coach to develop recruitment plan for the Program.
- Responsible for communication with admissions office on potential student athletes.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to relate and work well with diverse groups of people.
- Role model for the campus; Ability to display strong leadership and integrity.
- Relationship building and development of young people in a college setting.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act professionally in all situations.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.