To carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the head coach and school administration. To instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary to realize a degree of individual and team success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the head coach in conducting the athletic program of the particular sport and the total athletic program of the Newington Public Schools.
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Assists the head coach in carrying out his/her responsibilities. (Pre-season, in-season and post-season).
- Provide by example leadership, motivational techniques, and attitudes that help to produce positive efforts by participants.
- Plans and schedules with the head coach a regular program of practice (including holiday or vacation periods).
- Be responsible for the junior varsity and/or freshman programs were deemed possible.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to adhere to all policies, rules, and regulations of Newington Public Schools, the Central Connecticut Conference (CCC), and the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC).
- Ability to deal with elevated levels of stress associated with the multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to attend out of season and in season meetings and professional development opportunities.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public.