The Assistant Football Coach is responsible for aiding the Head Football Coach in the planning and directing the recruitment, conditioning, training, and performance of student athletes, along with fiscal program management, for Bates College’s NCAA Division III intercollegiate Football program.
- Coach student-athletes at the direction of the head coach
- Time spent with Bates student-athletes coaching: including practices, games, scrimmages, and other time working directly with student-athletes.
- Time spent preparing to coach: including video review and editing, training plan development and practice planning.
- Time spent in meetings related to coaching: working with the head coach and other coaches on the team in support of student coaching.
- Time spent traveling related to student coaching, as applicable.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with students and their families, while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Knowledgeable about the skills and tactics of the sport
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in basic data management systems, game film editing programs and basic computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).