Under the direction of the building athletic director/principal, head coach and assistant coach instructs and works with athletes to prepare them for competition. Coaches help athletes to play their best individually and as a team in sports such as football, baseball, basketball, softball, soccer, volleyball, wrestling, tennis, cross country, swimming, track and golf. Coaches are experts on the rules, strategies, and techniques of their sports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and follow Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA), district, state and school athletic codes, rules and philosophies.
- Monitor athlete class attendance, behavior and academic progress.
- Ensure quality, effectiveness and validity of any oral or written correspondence with the media Training and Preparation of Athletes.
- Teach sports techniques, playing rules, strategies and playing tactics.
- Practice with clear objectives and goals including practice plans.
CORE BEHAVIORS & COMPETENCIES:
- Three or more years previous coaching experience at high school or college or higher level in the sport being coached.
- Knowledge of overall operation of an athletic program
- Must pass a district background check
- Possess valid CPR/First-Aid, Pupil Activity Permit, Fundamental of Coaching, Concussion in Sports Course certificates and Cardiac Arrest Course Certificate.
- All things being equal, hiring priority is given to DEA credentialed teachers
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents; skill in oral and written communication.