To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the head coach in any assigned duties related to football in addition to coaching the Varsity team.
- Assumes responsibility for checking all practice areas each day and removes hazardous objects from the practice area.
- Helps develop a positive public relations program in the school and the community.
- Makes recommendations to the head coach for purchasing equipment.
- Provides supervision in the locker rooms before and after practice.
- Provides the latest and up-to-date medical procedures for the treatment of athletic injuries.
- Valid Teaching Certificate, if applicable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before administrators, staff, parents and students.