Reporting to the Head Football Coach, the Assistant Football Coach; Defensive Line and Assistant Strength Coach is responsible for assisting in the management of a varsity intercollegiate sports program and team. Specific responsibilities include coaching the defensive line position and implementing a strength and conditioning program for the team.
- Serve as the assistant strength coach and defensive line coach.
- Manage all aspects of the defensive line plan and schemes as delegated by the defensive coordinator.
- Assist with game and practice video analysis.
- Organize and conduct positional meetings with the defensive line.
- Coach a special teams unit as determined by the head coach.
- Coordinate practice planning and game preparation for the defensive line.
- Assist with recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of college coaching or high school coaching experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proven ability to successfully and efficiently manage positional meetings.
- Experience with organizing and implementing recruiting events.
- Experience coaching a special teams unit.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and coach collegiate football players.