The Assistant Football Coach reports to the Head Football Coach. The primary tasks are to assist the head coach in recruiting and serve as a position coach.
- Identify and recruit quality student-athletes for the football program.
- Develop and implement organized practices and game strategies for designated position(s).
- Monitor and track academic progress of student-athletes on team.
- Adhere to all NCAA and conference rules and bylaws.
- Develop positive rapport with athletics staff, as well as SU community.
- Represent the university to various constituents in a professional manner.
- Deep understanding of and passion for the game of Football; Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to build strong collaborative relationships.
- Requires ability to multi-task and attend to detail.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with current students and parents, prospective students and parents, and staff and faculty in a professional manner.
- Ability to use technology and equipment specific to the sport.