Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the head coach with schedules including practice, home, and away competitions to provide participating students appropriate training and academic time for continued program eligibility and personal growth.
- Recruits prospective athletes through personal visits, telephone interviews, and mail solicitation in accordance with established NCAA requirements and standards.
- Discusses personal scholastic and athletic goals and objectives with available opportunities and identifies and recommends potential recruits for available financial assistance through scholarships.
- Monitors academic performance levels of all participating student athletes to ensure compliance with established University and accrediting standards for class attendance and grade performance.
- Assists with a variety of fundraising events for financial and equipment contributions.
- Assists the head coach with travel arrangements including meals, lodging, and transportation for athletes in accordance with available funding and budget constraints.
- Coaches students throughout all games, reviews strategies, strengths, and weaknesses of previous, current, and future performance to promote and encourage personal and/or team improvement.
- Bachelor's degree and prior collegiate football experience at the Junior College level or four-year institution with 2 or more years of coaching experience.
- Master’s degree with 3 years of collegiate coaching experience or a total of 6 years of both collegiate playing and coaching experience preferred. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Western New Mexico University is a state funded University. As such, all positions are dependent on state appropriations and available funding sources.