The Assistant Football Coach will report to the Head Football Coach and provide coaching expertise, leadership, management and administration of all aspects of a competitive NCAA program resulting in a positive and beneficial intercollegiate experience for student-athletes.
- Provide leadership, organization, supervision for all practices and varsity contests in conjunction with head coach.
- In conjunction with head coach, oversee and evaluate student assistants, and volunteers.
- Assist with and actively engage in a successful recruiting program which attracts academically and athletically gifted prospectswith an unwavering commitment to retention, degree completion and academic success.
- Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures of the NCAA, conference, athletic department policy manual and the College.
- Encourage and create an atmosphere of sportsmanship, professionalism and respect among the football staff, coaches and student-athletes.
- Commitment to student-athlete safety and welfare as it pertains to all aspects of intercollegiate football.
- Provide head coach with team travel logistics, practices and contests in accordance with college policies, conference scheduling guidelines and NCAA bylaws (under direction of head coach).
- Valid drivers license and acceptable driving record.
- NCAA compliance background check.
- Successful completion of annual Division II coaches exam per NCAA guidelines.
- Successful completion of first aid, CPR and AED certifications.