The Assistant Football Coach works as a member of the Athletic Department. Responsibilities include planning and directing the recruitment, conditioning, training, and performance of student-athletes, along with fiscal management, for a NAIA football program.
- Direct instruction of student-athletes relative to the skills and strategies necessary to compete in football at the collegiate level.
- Develop coaching techniques, players and overall strategies; evaluate individual performances and provide leadership and instruction in areas deemed necessary for success.
- Plan and coordinate team travel arrangements to include means used, equipment to be taken, logistics, etc
- Conduct comprehensive recruiting activities, coordinate with Admissions Office to establish academic eligibility and possible financial aid packages.
- Participate in fundraising, public relations activities, e.g., public appearances, attendance at conferences, etc.
- Ensure compliance with NAIA rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and skills of coaching strategies specific to football.
- Knowledge of NCAA and NAIA rules for football.
- Familiarity with NAIA rules and procedures.
- Instructing student-athletes relative to specific skill necessary to compete in collegiate football.
- Ability to insist on exemplary student-athlete behaviors both on campus and in public.
- Ability to have a strong focus on student-athlete academic success.
- Consistent and clear communication to head coach about student-athlete progress.
- Ability to develop leadership skills in students.
- Ability to be discrete in handling confidential matters, while complying with FERPA regulations.