The Assistant Football Coach at Upper Iowa University reports directly to the Head Football Coach and is responsible for assisting the head coach in the planning, directing, and evaluating all aspects and facets of a successful football program on the NCAA Division II level.
- Assist in directing and supervising the overall planning and execution of the intercollegiate football program.
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the football program, the intercollegiate athletic department, and University.
- Serve as a leader, mentor, and role model to the student-athletes of the football program.
- Identify, evaluate, and recruit highly skilled and academically qualified student-athletes.
- Monitor academic progress and eligibility status of team members and implementing action plans and counseling as necessary.
- Effectively analyze and teach the fundamental skills and strategies of football.
- Assist in the planning, organizing, conducting, and evaluating practice sessions.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate game plans, strategies, and in-game adjustments under the direction of the head coach.
- Counsel and mentor team members in disciplinary, conduct, and personal matters.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two (2) year experience in coaching or playing at the collegiate or professional level.
- Strong commitment to the concept of a student-centered, positive student-athlete Experience.
- Knowledge of the game of Football including techniques, strategies, and rules.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules.
Upper Iowa University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.