Iowa State University is accepting applications for Assistant Football Coach to assist the Head Coach with all phases of the NCAA Division I FBS football program. This position will:
- Assist with planning practice sessions and competitive coaching situations;
- Identify and successfully recruit and retain academically qualified and athletically talented student-athletes;
- Effectively teach, mentor and coach to develop successful and well-rounded student-athletes;
- Analyze scouting reports and pre-competition evaluations of opponents to provide effective strategy planning;
- Help ensure academic progress and graduation;
- Contribute to and enhance a competitive athletic experience;
- Establish and maintain an environment conducive to the welfare and academic success of the student-athletes;
- Establish and maintain effective interactions with students, colleagues, university staff and administrators, alumni, media and the public;
- Commitment to and responsibility for adhering to all rules and regulations of the University, Big 12 Conference, and NCAA.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience coaching or competing in football at a highly competitive level (post high school).
Successful NCAA DI or professional football playing experience.
Demonstrated ability to recruit and coach highly skilled student-athletes and have strong recruiting connections.