Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and administer the University's varsity football program with emphasis on the Linebackers or Defensive Backs.
- Recruit football student-athletes from key areas such as Wisconsin, Illinois and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, as well as nationally.
- Develop and implement football practice sessions to meet needs for individual and team improvement.
- Evaluate MTU and opposing team capabilities to determine game strategy and manage/prepare the team for competition.
- Enhance and promote the internal and external visibility and recognition of the University and team to alumni, and campus and off-campus groups.
- Actively participate in fund raising activities and alumni relations.
- Monitor and promote the academic success of football student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience playing and/or coaching football at the collegiate level, specifically the Linebackers or Defensive Backs.
- Athletic recruiting experience.
- Commitment to comply with all NCAA rules and Michigan Tech policies and procedures.
- Exceptional knowledge of basic football skills.
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.