The Assistant Football Coach reports to the Head Football Coach and is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all aspects of daily operations of a NCAA Division I-AA (FCS) football program competing in the MEAC Conference. The duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to: recruiting, coaching, administrative support to the Head Coach and all other duties as assigned.
- Assist the Head Coach in overseeing all aspects of the Football program.
- Maintain effective interaction with students, colleagues, university staff, alumni, media and the general public.
- Practice and game coaching.
- Assist in recruiting and retention of academically and athletically qualified student athletes.
- Monitoring the academic progress of the student-athletes and compliance with NCAA and MEAC rules and regulations.
- Assist with the promotion of the football program within the state, region and national landscape.
- Assist with emphasizing the character and social development of student athletes.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must have successful collegiate or professional level coaching experience.
- Proven integrity, leadership and a thorough knowledge of college football.