The Assistant Football Coach is a field coaching position. The employee also assists the head coach with scouting reports, practice preparation, and game planning. Responsible for recruiting designated recruiting area which may include in state and out of state areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In Season: Coach the football team on the field; mentor and hold meetings – academic, character, leadership, and position; assist the head coach with scouting reports and game plans.
- Off Season: Continue to mentor the football team; assist with quality control reports and off season preparation; responsible for on and off campus recruiting.
- Assist the Head Coach with recruiting, administration, and on field instruction of the Football program and adhering to all university, Big South Conference, and NCAA regulations.
- Analyze game video; help formulate game and training strategies; and instruct student- athletes on the techniques of Football.
- Help monitor the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Assist in promoting, organizing and running camps and aid in fundraising efforts to improve the Football program and athletic department.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree desired.
- At least 2 years of college Defensive coaching experience with proven recruiting at the NCAA Division I level desired.
- Experience competing as a NCAA Division I Football athlete desired.