The Assistant Football Coach serves in all phases of a competitive football program in accordance with University of the Incarnate Word, Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations. Position reports to Head Football Coach.
- Coach/teach student-athletes to the best of the athlete’s ability.
- Enhance the personal development of student-athletes, both academically and athletically.
- Aid the respective Coordinator in running the day-to-day activities.
- Assist in design and implementation of training programs.
- Analyze films and review with the student-athletes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must exhibit good judgement in advising and counseling student-athletes, adjusting to the ever-changing culture.
- Ability to identify and participate in resolution of departmental/institutional problems with continuous quality improvement as a goal.
- Enhance team effectiveness through dependability and positive influences.
- Follow the mission of the University.
- Ability to build and sustain positive relationships with student-athletes, former players, faculty alumni and staff.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.