Assistant Football Coach assists the Head Coach in running certain aspects of the football program at Lamar University. The position requires a commitment to recruiting and graduating student-athletes, to running a program within budget guidelines, and to actively involve themselves in the community for fundraising purposes. Strict adherence to established NCAA, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and Lamar University rules and regulations.
What You’ll Do – Position Duties:
- Assists the Head Football Coach in a variety of administrative duties.
- Coaching duties will be assigned by the Head Football Coach.
- Actively participates in fundraising and development along with the Development staff.
- Available to the news media on appropriate occasions as determined by the Head Football Coach in conjunction with the Assistant Athletics Director for Media Relations.
- Assists in developing a successful recruiting program and will attempt to recruit the best students as well as athletes.
- Recognizes and promotes the best interest of the student-athletes both academically and athletically – encouraging each to graduate.
- Assists the Head Football Coach with running a program within budget guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-2 years NCAA Division I coaching required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules required.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.