The Assistant Football Coach for the football program is responsible for management of all facets of the football program including, but not limited to: coaching/teaching, recruiting, budget management, administration, scheduling of competitions, team travel, weekly practice sessions, hiring and supervision of interns, community service, student development, and compliance with NCAA, conference and college rules and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills to work with various college constituencies.
- Strong organizational skills.
- The ability to work a flexible and irregular schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Works well as a team member or independently.
- Excels in prioritizing multiple tasks with attention to detail, problem solving and follow-through to consistently meet expectations and deadlines.
Principal Duties & Activities:
- Develop a program of athlete recruitment commensurate with the aims and goals of Thomas More and appropriate for a member of the NCAA, Division II.
- Plan and coordinate practice and game plans for intercollegiate competition.
- Determine policies and procedures for team selection and athlete participation.
- Make recommendations about game schedules and budget for the team.
- Track the academic progress of the football student-athletes and provide appropriate advice and assistance to help ensure the successful completion of each players stated program of study.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising program to raise funds necessary to offset expenses associated for non-budgeted expenses and spring training trips.
- Organize community service projects for the football team players to complete per the mission of the NCAA and the Thomas More Athletic Department.