The Assistant Coach will be involved in all aspects of the SMSU Football Program. This position focuses on defensive practice planning, game preparation, recruitment, and coaching of the defensive line. Team organization, scheduling and travel management will also be included in the role. Other job duties to be assigned may include diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives, student athlete academic success, camp coordination, fundraising, or other assignments that reflect the expertise of the candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years of high school, collegiate or professional football coaching experience.
- Experience coaching defense (football).
- Experience with and knowledge of NCAA compliance policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated commitment or proven strategies for fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and demonstrated ability or proven strategies to teach and work with persons from diverse backgrounds.
- Master’s Degree.
- Defensive coaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Successful collegiate recruiting record.
- Knowledge of HUDL recruiting and scouting software.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with student-athletes.
- Ability to assist in the development and implementation of diversity and inclusion programming and support within the SMSU Football program and the Department of Athletics.
- Collegiate and/or professional football playing experience.
- Facility oversight, fundraising, and game management experience.
- Prior teaching experience.
Southwest Minnesota State University is a member of the Minnesota State system and is an equal opportunity educator and employer.