- Develop drill and practice activities that teach and enhance individual/team skill development that makes up the game.
- Develop and maintain an inventory list of equipment.
- Prepare and implement a schedule of checking out, maintaining and checking in equipment.
- Plan and enforce appropriate safety and health rules and regulations.
- Develop a supervision plan that ensures the safety and welfare of students at all times: locker room, trips, practices, etc.
- Present a professional appearance.
- Effectively communicate with all audiences: players, parents, supervisors, peers, and spectators.
- Model/demonstrate activities and equipment used to develop basic skills or physical condition.
- Observe, diagnose, and prescribe appropriate remediation activities during practice and game conditions for players and team.
- Know and apply the developmental stages of each point of the game to the needs and ability levels of the team/players.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Pass a background check.
- Certified in CPR and AED. This certification must be current.
- Completed the KHSAA Sports Safety Clinic.
- Completed the KHSAA Rules Clinic for the specific sport in which they coach.
- Completed the NFHS Coaching Class.