The Assistant Football coach will assist the Head Coach in all facets of the Division II football program including organizing, planning, coaching, directing and recruiting. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Head Football Coach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the head coach in organizing, managing, planning and directing the program.
- The assistant coach will primarily instruct, train and coach the Wide Receiver position on the offensive pass game, and skills required. There are possible coordinating responsibilities (dependent upon experience).
- Educates and mentors student athletes in all aspects of their holistic development; mind, body and spirit and safety and health.
- Assists with program leadership duties, including directing the coaching staff on Wide
- Receiver play, team composition, competition strategies and peak performance
- Assists the head coach with all aspects of the program including training, competing and scheduling.
- Assists in the coordination of travel arrangements.
- Assists in completion and processing of paperwork as requested.
- Assists with recruiting, including contacting prospective student-athletes, evaluating high school and junior college players, and maintaining accurate records and databases on the NCAA Compliance Assistant program.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the sport of Football, including playing and/or coaching. Other significant experience relative to coaching and/or the administration of an intercollegiate athletics program can be considered.