The Assistant Football Coach reports to the Head Football Coach. The primary tasks are to assist the head coach in recruiting and serve as a position coach. This position is defined as a non-exempt position under FLSA regulations.
- Identify and recruit quality student-athletes for the football program.
- Develop and implement organized practices and game strategies for designated position(s)
- Monitor and track academic progress of student-athletes on team.
- Adhere to all NCAA and conference rules and bylaws.
- Develop positive rapport with athletics staff, as well as SU community.
- Represent the university to various constituents in a professional manner.
- Bachelor's Degree with no experience OR three years of coaching/playing experience required.
- This position requires a valid drivers license, the ability to drive and qualify under the university's insurance carrier when driving a university and/or leased vehicle.
- CPR, AED and First Aid certification is preferred.