University of Texas Permian Basin
- 2247 active jobs (view)
Under general direction, is responsible to assist with the management of a competitive NCAA Division II athletic program; assists with conditioning, practices, recruiting, travel arrangements and student managers. Promotes the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, to include adhering to all Departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of UTPB, the NCAA, Lone Star Conference and those set forth by The University of Texas System and State of Texas.
- Arranges recruiting functions including off- and on-campus visits, evaluations and contacts, and documents all activities as required per NCAA rules. Engages in all aspects of opponent scouting including breaking down film into manageable clips for student-athletes to view.
Schedules and supervise individual student-athlete workouts.
- Participates in public relations activities, as approved, to include granting interviews with newspaper, radio and television media. Coordinates and implements approved fundraising activities.
- Ensures that necessary athletic equipment is available and in proper condition for scheduled practices and competition and makes recommendation for repairs or replacement, as necessary.
- Participates in clinics, exhibitions and camps, as approved. Attends coaches’ preparatory meetings and implements strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; or earn a bachelor's degree by December 31, 2023
- Have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations pertaining to the recruitment and retention of student-athlete.
- Possesses an unencumbered driver’s license and the ability to travel.