The part-time assistant coach will work with the head coach to develop and maintain a positive experience that focuses on student-athlete development, building an inclusive culture, recruiting elite prospects, and contributing positively to the College’s Athletic Department. The coach will help create purpose and value for the College’s and the Athletic Department missions.
- Coach Responsibilities– work with specific sub-group(s) of student-athletes; practice planning; video/technical review and analysis; conduct team, group, individual meetings with students; focus on skill development and team culture building.
- Recruiting Responsibilities – work with head coach and enrollment office to identify, target, recruit and yield high-level student-athletes; represent Grinnell College at recruiting events; communicate effectively with prospects and their families.
- Operations – as directed by the head coach. Duties could include, but are not limited to: travel planning, equipment management, maintenance of facility, monitoring team academic success.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university.
- Some previous college coaching experience.
- Champions diversity, equity, and inclusion.