The assistant coach for football will prepare the practice and game plans for the offensive or defensive side of the ball. They will manage their own recruiting territory while helping with the retention/development of the current student athletes.
- Attend practices, competitions, meetings, planning sessions, and other essential football-related activities;
- Assist the head coach in administration and management of the football program as assigned; Actively participate in the recruitment of student-athletes
- Demonstrate professionalism and engagement in professional development activities, including but not limited to, knowledge acquisition, staying current with teaching techniques, strategies, and trends, attending professional meetings, and serving in leadership positions in professional organizations;
- Adhere to the rules, policies, and regulations established by Luther College, the American Rivers Conference, and the NCAA
- Demonstrate a willingness to support the mission, philosophy, and goals of Luther College, NCAA III, and American Rivers Conference
- Perform other duties as assigned by the head coach.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Education: Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Experience: 3-5 years of successful coaching experience.
- Ability to cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships with students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and friends of the college.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff and students in a wide variety of situations Relevant recruiting, administrative, and teaching experience.