Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide coaching leadership that is consistent with the College of DuPage mission, vision and core values.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the sport, which include but are not limited to practices and games.
- Must know and monitor all College of DuPage and NJCAA eligibility and academic progress requirements for student athletes.
- In coordination with the Office of Admission, recruit prospective student athletes from high schools following guidelines in NJCAA manual.
- Responsible for adhering to all college policies related to team budgets and over all college finance practices.
- Assist in travel and transportation arrangements and handling of funds for team travel.
- Monitor sportsmanship and conduct of student/athletes on and off field/court.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with college and athletic department policies, procedures and core values.
- Demonstrated knowledge of innovative and proven coaching strategies and techniques required.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with a commitment to developing and maintaining a positive and productive playing environment for all team members required.
- Proven ability to provide mentoring and leadership to student-athletes and a commitment to student-athlete welfare required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to NJCAA rules/requirements relevant to the conduct of an intercollegiate program required.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills required.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.