The Assistant Football Coach reports to the Head Football Coach and is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in carrying out all activities necessary to accomplish the objectives of the sport of football within the guidelines of the NJCA, Region X, and Louisburg College.
- Teach and provide instruction to football student-athletes on the fundamentals, details, and strategy of football as assigned by the head coach.
- Assist the head coach in developing game strategies.
- Counsel student-athletes in sport participation, personal developments, and academics.
- Assist in monitoring student-athletes’ academic progress.
- Work with the head coach to identify and recruit potential Football Student-Athletes.
- Work with admissions to enroll student-athletes.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Previous coaching/playing experience at the collegiate level are preferred.
- A proven record of integrity, high principles, and demonstrated skill in developing and motivating student-athletes academically and athletically.
- This position requires the ability to drive College vehicles; therefore, it is required that coaches and assistant coaches maintain a driving record that allows the insurance company to designate them as an “Approved Driver.”