Prepares each participating student athlete for competition in sports activities, and helps them to achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Prioritize athletics as a supplemental program to support the academic mission of the school.
- Carry out the aims and objectives of the sports program as outlined by the Athletic Director and school district administration.
- Instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, sportsmanship, cooperation, strategy and playing tactics, and physical conditioning necessary to realize individual and team success.
- Assist the Athletic Director in scheduling intramural and interscholastic contests.
- Assist in planning and scheduling a regular program of practice in season.
- Maintain required attendance forms, insurance records, and other related documents.
- Previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- Knowledge and/or background in the assigned sport.
- Teaching certificate and experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Valid drivers license.