To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the head coach in any assigned duties related to football in addition to coaching the Varsity team.
- Assumes responsibility for checking all practice areas each day and removes hazardous objects from the practice area.
- Helps develop a positive public relations program in the school and the community.
- Makes recommendations to the head coach for purchasing equipment.
- Provides supervision in the locker rooms before and after practice.
- Provides the latest and up-to-date medical procedures for the treatment of athletic injuries.
- The assistant coach will at all times conduct himself in a manner that will set a good example for students to follow on and off the field.
- Assumes responsibility with the head coach for eligibility of participants and insurance coverage of team members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; occasionally walk and stand; travel from building to other sites. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to be able to hear conversations in quiet environments.