This is a part-time 12-month position that assists the head football coach and the defensive or offensive coordinator in implementing a competitive NCAA Division II football program. The Gannon University Football Team competes at the NCAA Division II level and the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC).
- Coaches skill development of student-athletes.
- Coordinates and schedules strength training and conditioning for player development.
- Promotes healthy orientation of student-athletes.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of and accountability to PSAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the academic and athletic success of the student-athletes and NCAA compliance with the highest of ethical standards
- Scouts and recruits qualified, competitive student-athletes while maintaining a commitment to their academic success.
- Performs other duties related as assigned within the scope and responsibility, and requirements of the job.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is desirable.
- Experience: Applicants must have football coaching or college playing experience. Applicants must possess effective communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population.
- Licenses and Certifications: A valid driver’s license that is in good standing.
- University Mission: Must be able to support and promote the University’s Mission.