The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting in all aspects of developing and advancing a competitive football program in the Big Sky Conference. This includes, but is not limited to: coaching, recruiting, and counseling student-athletes; managing daily administrative duties of the program; fundraising and public relations; adhering to all rules and regulations of the university, NCAA, and Big Sky Conference.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum three years collegiate coaching/collegiate competition required.
- Demonstrate excellent professional/interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the total welfare of student-athletes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to developing a successful Division I football program both academically and athletically.
- Create an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates differences.
- Function and communicate effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds.
- Seek opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
- Adhere to all of PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.