DSU’s athletic programs are RISING! We are seeking a highly motivated Assistant Football Coach. Dakota State University competes in the North Star Athletic Association (NSAA) of the NAIA. DSU currently offers 13 sports; 6 for men and 6 for women and 1 coed. The position reports directly to the Head Football Coach.
- Coaches a position group.
- Research competitor offensive and defensive plays.
- Evaluate and recruit qualified student-athletes.
- Communicate and collaborate with departments across campus to ensure student-athlete success.
- Monitor academic progress of the team and individual student-athletes.
- Mentor student athletes through academic and athletic challenges.
- Participate in fundraising events.
- Off-season game management for other DSU sports.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. A master’s degree is preferred.
- One to three years of previous experience coaching at the collegiate or high school level.
- Ability to work evening and weekends and travel as required.
- Knowledge and skill to evaluate and assess student-athletes’ skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a strong commitment to student-athlete success.
- Must have exemplary ethical conduct and a commitment to follow all applicable NAIA and North Star Conference rules and regulations.