Jacobs High School is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of an assistant football coach with a strong knowledge in football and a focus on the defensive secondary with a specialty in cornerbacks/safeties and special teams.
- 2 years of varsity football coaching experience in the defensive secondary with a specialty in cornerbacks/safeties and special teams is required.
- Must be able to coach at all levels within the football program, able to coach various areas within the football program, organized, flexible, able to take direction from the Football Head Coach and/or direct supervisor, and able to work with parents and the Booster Club.
- Organizes and oversees specific program level or areas of responsibility.
- Communicates with head football coach and Athletic Director to secure facilities to ensure safe practice/competition environment for students.
- Supports the philosophy, programmatic instruction of sequential fundamentals and proper conditioning communicated by the head football coach.
- Communicates and plans with the head football coach practice sessions and competition strategies which ensure the health and physical well-being of the student participants.
- Coordinates with the head football coach and Athletic Director a schedule of in-season practices.
- Assures that all student participants at his/her program level are in compliance with D300 requirements including current athletic physical, Code of Conduct, fees paid, and is academically eligible, prior to practice, tryout, and competition.
- Models and instills the values of sportsmanship and fair play to all participants, and enforces consequences for breach of such standards.
- Attends all student athlete practices, games, and monitors proper supervision at all practices, games, and on school provided transportation.