Instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student(s) shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
- Teach the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques as directed by the head coach.
- Arrange for the issuing, storing, and reconditioning of equipment.
- Responsible for meeting with parents and participants prior to the start of the sport season.
- Follow program expectations, procedures and policies developed by head coach.
- Complete delegated duties as assigned by head coach.
- Evaluate payers and give input on practice scheduling.
- Have knowledge of athletic policies approved by the Eagle County Schools and CHSSA.
- Have knowledge and be able to implement CHSAA, national, and league regulations.
- Assist in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled practices/sporting events or and adheres to scheduled facility times.
- Assist in providing documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examination, parental consent, and eligibility, and proof of insurance.
- Meets CHSAA certification requirements.
- Ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and at the same time must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- Demonstrated effective problem solving skills.