Minot State University is seeking candidates for a full-time Assistant Football Coach. This position reports to the Head Football Coach and is responsible for helping create and maintain a successful Football program in compliance with all NCAA, Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference and institutional rules and regulations.
- Assist in development of a competitive Football program that will represent the institution and community in a positive manner.
- Work independently in assigned area/position.
- Work with Associate director of Athletics for Compliance and Student Life to ensure all players meet applicable eligibility requirements and prepare all necessary forms on a timely basis.
- Assist in development of practice schedule.
- Assist in conducting productive and meaningful practice sessions.
- Assist recruiting and will be assigned an area from which to produce commitments to the university.
- Assist in conducting fundraising activities to supplement program budget.
- Conduct and direct instructional camps for area youth and future recruits.
- Work with Assistant Director of Athletic for Communication and Media Relations on providing program information and statistics to media and fans via press releases, media guides, game programs and web site.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
- Football coaching experience.
- Possess general computer skills required, database management software experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and be on your feet for much of the day.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.