The Assistant Football Coach reports to the Head Football Coach while working collaboratively with the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator, Head Athletic Trainer and other Assistant Coaches. The Asst. Football Coach will work with the Head Football Coach in all aspects of design, development, implementation, monitoring and assessment of game and practice strategies for assigned student-athletes at the NCAA Division II level.
- Provide leadership, organization and supervision for all practices and contests.
- Implement and maintain standards of performance consistent with departmental, academic, and athletic expectations.
- Work with the Head Football Coach to organize and implement a successful recruiting program to attract outstanding student-athletes to attend Northeastern State University.
- Conduct aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures of the NCAA, MIAA, the intercollegiate athletics department policy manual and the University.
- Attend and participate in department and staff meetings and events.
- Review student-athlete eligibility requirements to ensure full compliance with governing rules and regulations.
- Maintain a positive and constructive working relationship with University and departmental support staff to ensure an efficient and effective program and department.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Experience recruiting and retaining a diverse group of successful student-athletes.
- Competitive coaching experience at the collegiate or high school level.
- Strong commitment to student-athlete academic achievements and character development.
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work effectively and productively within a team-based approach.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a high demand/high stress profession.
- Ability to respond professionally and competently.
- Ability to contribute to a positive work environment.