The Assistant Football Coach assists the Head Football Coach in directing all football program activities, including coaching and leading the defense, within NCAA, LSC, TAMUK, and TAMUS policies, guidelines, and procedures. The Assistant Football Coach is responsible for maintaining high academic standards to support the academic development and graduation of student-athletes while focusing on student-athlete welfare.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in successfully directing the football program to compete for LSC and NCAA II championships.
- Assisting in the recruitment of student-athletes and maintaining a culture of personal accountability in student-athlete academic performance and conduct.
- Assisting in the planning and direction of all practices, travel, and game activities.
- Assisting, as delegated by the Head Football Coach, in preparing and managing the administrative functions of the football program.
- Assisting in community engagement and donor relations by promoting the football program within the priorities of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Successfully recruit, retain, develop, and graduate high-performing football student-athletes.
- Assist with the preparation, organization, design, and implementation of effective practice plans, off-season programs, scouting reports, and recruiting systems.
- Education - Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience - Two (2) years of College Coaching and Recruiting Experience or three (3) years of High School and College Coaching Experience.