- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of education.
- An understanding of teaching and the duties of a teacher as an educational leader.
- Eligibility to hold a valid instructional certificate as issued by the Department of Education for the state of Arkansas.
- Licensure in a 7-12 content area (math, science, literacy, history) or acceptance into an alternative program for licensure.
- CDL or willingness to obtain.
- Any alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find acceptable and reasonable.
- Collaborate with the administration and staff to develop an efficient, effective and current curriculum that is aligned with state and federal standards and Board policies.
- Work with administration and staff to acquire needed instructional supplies and equipment.
- Establish a consistent classroom instructional schedule and maintain an orderly learning environment.
- Maintain a safe learning environment in conjunction with the district's crisis management plan.
- Maintain discipline procedures while preserving the instructional integrity and safety of the classroom.
- Collect and maintain adequate records of student progress.
- Evaluate test data and coordinate an action plan to improve student performance as required.
- Establish high expectations and standards for behavior and performance.