The University of Virginia’s College at Wise located in the beautiful mountains of southwestern Virginia is currently seeking applicants for an Assistant Football Coach.
- Explain and enforce rules and regulations to protect student athletes, and ensure that policies and procedures are followed.
- Study opposing teams to identify weaknesses and avenues for success.
- Collaborate on conceptualizing and developing practice and game day plans.
- Monitor the conditioning and training of student athletes, in conjunction with the Strength and Conditioning unit, Sports Nutrition unit, and Sports Medicine unit.
- Initiate and maintain a strong partnership with the Academic Affairs unit to support the academic requirements of student athletes.
- Assist with coordinating and performing various administrative tasks and often serving as a liaison with particular operational units, such as the Equipment Room, Business Office, Compliance Office, and Facilities Office.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
UVA Wise is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence, affordable access, and unwavering support of a collaborative and diverse community. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.