Assist the Head Football Coach in preparing and conducting individual team practices, training, competition game planning, and recruiting. This incumbent will also assist in academic monitoring for the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop performance standards for student athletes to maximize their potential and achieve high levels of competition.
- Assess athletic performance and improvement and provide feedback and guidance regarding athletic progress.
- Effectively deliver instruction and motivation.
- Develop and implement practice plans and strategies for athletic events.
- Provide mentorship for student athletes by supplying academic and social networks.
- Supervise NMHU athletic events and enforce sportsmanship standards.
- Supervise student athletes during road trips.
- Schedule non-conference athletic contests.
- Provide positive participation in events that will benefit the athletic experience for student athletes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
- Knowledge of NCAA student athlete academic eligibility requirements.
- Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in area of sporting specialty.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of NCAA recruiting rules.
- Knowledge of travel/lodging planning and scheduling.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.